Because we have been advised that registration is filling up, we are forwarding you the April retreat info one more time. We look forward to having an enriching time together at this Washington oceanside location. There will likely be a lot of younger and Vietnamese folks at this retreat. So far, several members of our sangha have already registered! If you are interested in attending please register right away to ensure your spot. If you are not entirely sure, don’t worry because their refund policy is: ‘If you cancel one week before the arrival date, we will fully refund your payment’.
Register at http://www.sites.google.com/site/khoatuvn/
Here are some tips about registering:
- when you first arrive at the registration page please note that most of the top portion is in Vietnamese. Scroll down a bit and you will see the English portion
- in the box for ‘….would you like to have a round trip transportation to the retreat’, they are referring to busing to and from the Seattle area, not from Vancouver so please answer ‘NO’
- under the NOTE section (the second to last box), please state: I AM PART OF THE NORTH SHORE MINDFULNESS SANGHA GROUP so you can qualify for NSM’s group rate
- register for yourself only. Therefore in the last question where it says “would you like to register for additional people?” your answer is “0”
- you will receive an automatic email after you register as an individual, stating your fee is US$150, but we DO qualify for the US$120 group rate, as we have established this with the organizer
- E-transfer does not work between Canadian and US Banks so paying by PayPal is the best option
- please inform us once you have registered because the retreat organizer has asked for a list of names of people registering as our Sangha group
- we will contact you about possible carpooling closer to the time of the retreat.
Email us if you have further questions.
Linda and Janet on behalf of
North Shore Mindfulness
Tuesdays 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Audio Visual Room @ West Van Seniors’ Activity Centre (SAC)
695 21st Street, West Vancouver
A MINDFULNESS RETREAT – led by eight Monastic Disciples of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh coming from Magnolia Grove Monastery. This retreat will be conducted in English & Vietnamese
OPENING THE DOOR OF YOUR HEART
Retreat is held at Fort Flagler Historical State Park. The retreat is open to families and individuals of all ages and backgrounds. This is a good opportunity for us to sow the seeds of mindfulness so that we can look deeply into the mind and revive our understanding and love for our loved ones. With the guidance of the monastics and the support of fellow practitioners, we will have a lot of transformations. Both beginning and experienced mindfulness practitioners are welcome. During break-outs, children are grouped by age. The children’s program will include singing, reading, playing games, and learning basic mindfulness skills. Adults will have opportunities to practice meditation together and engage in Dharma talks, silent sitting and walking meditation, mindful eating, community-building through singing, sports, and other practices that you can apply to your daily lives. TIME
Thursday, April 16th, 2020 – 3 PM until Sunday, April 19th, 2020 – 12 PM
Fort Flagler Historical State Park 10541 Flagler Road Nordland, WA 98358
PRICING (Food & Lodging)
Adults (18+) – $150/person OR $120/person for group of 2 or more people Teenagers (13-17) – $80/person Children (6-12) – FREE REGISTRATION
HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
Ms. Minh Nguyen – (206) 920 – 4781 . (425) 403 – 3456Mr. Hinh Tran, Mr. Luat Nguyen
Mr. Sy Phan, Mr. Tien Hy firstname.lastname@example.org